Looking for innovative ways to timetable for staff collaboration, as well as student intervention?
How do we timetable for collaboration and intervention while remaining mindful of the myriad of realities that impact scheduling?
Once time is established, how can we ensure it is maximized for student learning and teacher collaboration?
In this half-day online workshop, you will learn:
- How to develop a timetabling inventory
- The impact of adopting a collaborative timetabling mindset
- Innovative approaches to embedding collaborative time
- Numerous considerations related to scheduling student intervention
Registration is now closed
This session will focus on a variety of innovative ways to design an elementary timetable focused on school-wide supports for students and embedded collaborative time for teachers, as well as structures and processes to consider once that time is provided. A portion of the day will be spent brainstorming and supporting administrators in reviewing their own timetables and planning for the upcoming school year. Come ready to leave with some ideas to impact your master timetable for the upcoming school year!
June 2, 2023 - 9:00 am - 12:00 pm MST (Online)
Registration is now closed
Access a number of free resources, samples and templates shared during the webinar
Recording and Slides
Register and receive access to the recording and slides following the session
Receive discount codes for additional resources following the session
Timetabling in a K through 12 school can be challenging, but Kurtis' efficient approach allowed me to see opportunities across our school timetable for the people and spaces needed for a school wide Collaborative Response
- Jody Lammle, Principal - Trochu Valley School
I was in a Collaborative Response Division supported by Kurtis Hewson and I was more than appreciative for the session he did with our administrators on timetabling. It was this session that taught me so much about not only how to timetable, but what needs to be prioritized during timetables.
- Kristy Smith, Director of Learning - Battle River School Division
We have embedded our Collaborative Planning Time and Collaborative Team Meetings within our timetable for the last two years at Griffiths-Scott School. This dedicated time has resulted in stronger teams with increased cohesion and clarity.
- Susan Coleman, Principal - Griffiths-Scott School
Join Kurtis in this online workshop to learn more about…
- Considerations when reflecting on the realties that can provide constraints for timetables…but the potential assets that could be leveraged to provide collaborative time!
- Fundamental shifts integral to ensuring student responsive master schedules
- Different ways schools have constructed a master timetable to embed time for collaborative teams
- Structures to ensure embedded time is maximized for impactful collaboration
- Lessons learned when establishing school-wide interventions for all students
Access the Scheduling for Elementary Success handout to record key ideas shared in this online workshop.
Kurtis Hewson has been an award-winning teacher, vice-principal, and principal, as well as taught at the post-secondary level. With over a decade of experience as an administrator, Kurtis has championed the call for collaborative structures in schools to ensure success for all students. In addition to two finalist awards from Alberta Excellence in Teaching program and an Edwin Parr award recipients for excellence in his first year of teaching, Kurtis was an honoree for the ASCD Outstanding Young Educator Award in 2010. Kurtis is one of five Alberta principals featured in Reflecting on Leadership for Learning: Case Studies of Five Alberta Elementary School Principals, addressing exemplary leadership practices in elementary schools in Alberta. He is the co-founder of Jigsaw Learning, a co-author of the text Envisioning a Collaborative Response Model, and currently works with districts and schools nationally and internationally establishing Collaborative Response frameworks and interacting with thousands of educators annually.
Interested in learning more?
Check out our webinars and workshops section of our website to explore further sessions, all focused on enhancing the power of collaborative efforts in your organization!