The creation of your continuums of supports is only the first step! Consider how to refine them for effective use with your school teams!
Developing your continuums of supports is the first step in answering the question of “What do we do?”. To ensure our effective response to student needs, school teams need to consider how to utilize and refine their continuums.
In this workshop, you will learn:
- 5 strategies for refining your continuums of supports and
- 5 strategies for utilizing your continuums of supports
Your continuum of supports, articulate how the school will respond when students are in need!
In this workshop, Lorna will reveal 10 considerations for schools when refining and using their continuums of supports.
January 15, 2024 - 10:30 am - 12:00 pm MST
For only $25, you will receive:
Access a number of free resources, samples and templates shared during the webinar
Receive access to the slides and a recording following the session, as well as opportunity for Q & A during and after each session
Receive discount codes for additional resources following the session
Join Lorna in this Supporting Collaborative Response workshop to learn more about…
- The importance of clearly articulating a school’s response to priority areas when considering the needs of their students
- The initial process for developing a continuum of supports
- Strategies for refining a school’s continuums of supports
- Impactful ideas for utilizing the continuums of supports
Access the Refining and Utilizing your Continuum of Supports handout to record key ideas shared in this online workshop
Lorna Hewson is a passionate educator who is engaged full time with Jigsaw Learning as a Lead Learner and co-author of the Corwin Best Seller Collaborative Response: Three Foundational Components That Transform How We Respond to the Needs of Student. Lorna’s diverse roles in schools and districts has provided a wealth of experience in essentially every area of development in supporting the needs of schools, staff and students. With Jigsaw Learning, Lorna engages in a variety of support structures with systems, including coaching, mentoring, leading and facilitating schools and districts in the areas of Collaborative Response, designing and coordinating teams throughout systems, building literacy and early years frameworks, and designing inclusive learning frameworks.
- Co-Author of the Corwin Best Seller Collaborative Response: Three Foundational Components That Transform How We Respond to the Needs of Student
- District leadership roles in curriculum, learning and inclusive services as well as experience in curriculum implementation and design with provincial prototyping and working groups
- Past Chair of the Alberta Assessment Consortium
- Recipient of the Alberta Excellence in Teaching Award
- Engaging presenter, facilitator, coach and mentor for educators throughout the province and internationally
Interested in learning more?
Check out the FREE Webinars and Workshops sections of our website to explore further sessions, all focused on enhancing the power of collaborative efforts in your organization!