Ensuring coordinated and responsive supports beyond the classroom can’t happen by accident!
Bringing people together to determine “what should we do?” when a student is struggling in the classroom should not be a reactive process! Schools working to provide a Collaborative Response makes those conversations purposeful, coordinated and ongoing.
In this workshop, you will learn:
- Why school support teams are a critical layer of a school’s Collaborative Response
- 5 considerations for leaders when establishing school support teams, regardless of the size of your educational organization
In order to coordinate and optimize support beyond the classroom, the School Support Team is critical.
In this workshop, Lorna will reveal 5 considerations for every school trying to take their school support teams to the next level.
October 12, 2023 - 10:30 am MDT
Registration is now closed.
For only $25, you will receive:
Access a number of free resources, samples and templates shared during the webinar
Receive access to the slides and a recording following the session, as well as opportunity for Q & A during and after each session
Receive discount codes for additional resources following the session
Jigsaw Learning was instrumental in helping our school based team clearly understand the purpose of the School Support Team Meetings, celebrate the school-based actions that are making a difference for students and then determine possible supports and next steps for students being referred.
- Kris Herbert, Principal - Roland Michener Secondary School
Join Lorna in this Supporting Collaborative Response workshop to learn more about…
- The impact of a proactive schedule
- The importance of the agenda to guide the flow of the meeting
- Considerations for how a student is referred to the School Support Team
- The integral role of communication before and after the School Support Team meeting
- The School Support Team’s function as the hub for student and staff support
Registration is now closed.
Access the School Support Team handout to record key ideas shared in this online workshop
Lorna Hewson is a passionate educator who is engaged full time with Jigsaw Learning as a Lead Learner and co-author of the Corwin Best Seller Collaborative Response: Three Foundational Components That Transform How We Respond to the Needs of Student. Lorna’s diverse roles in schools and districts has provided a wealth of experience in essentially every area of development in supporting the needs of schools, staff and students. With Jigsaw Learning, Lorna engages in a variety of support structures with systems, including coaching, mentoring, leading and facilitating schools and districts in the areas of Collaborative Response, designing and coordinating teams throughout systems, building literacy and early years frameworks, and designing inclusive learning frameworks.
- Co-Author of the Corwin Best Seller Collaborative Response: Three Foundational Components That Transform How We Respond to the Needs of Student
- District leadership roles in curriculum, learning and inclusive services as well as experience in curriculum implementation and design with provincial prototyping and working groups
- Past Chair of the Alberta Assessment Consortium
- Recipient of the Alberta Excellence in Teaching Award
- Engaging presenter, facilitator, coach and mentor for educators throughout the province and internationally
Interested in learning more?
Check out the workshops section of our website to explore further sessions, all focused on enhancing the power of collaborative efforts in your organization!