Posting #JL-2019-01 - View Posting Overview
About Jigsaw Learning
Jigsaw Learning is a company of educators that strive to establish, extend and sustain powerful learning communities through the development of effective processes, structures and supports that honour each unique organizational context. We believe deep learning is founded on personal relationships and meaningful connections. To learn more, visit our website at jigsawlearning.ca.
Position Summary - Learning Associate
Jigsaw Learning is seeking a self-motivated and experienced educator in the areas of literacy, numeracy and behaviour supports to serve as a Learning Associate within our organization. This sub-contracted role will require the ability and willingness to coach and support classroom teachers, lead professional learning, develop support materials and help to build expertise with our partner schools and districts.
Summary of Essential Responsibilities:
- Design and provide in-person and virtual professional learning to classroom teachers based on their areas of focus and need
- Coach teachers in the areas of behaviour supports, literacy and numeracy
- Support principals and school leadership to co-design plans for school-wide literacy/numeracy instruction and intervention
- Respond to questions and support needs of school and classroom providing a personalized model of learning
- Work as a member of the Jigsaw Learning team to support our various educational partners and develop resources to support teaching, learning and leadership
The successful candidate will possess the following skills and experience:
- Bachelors of Education with a minimum of 8 years of classroom experience. Preference will be given to those possessing a Masters of Education degree and experience in an administrative or district-related role.
- Proven practice in the classroom as a master teacher with the ability to mentor and/or coach other educators
- Refined knowledge and expertise in implementing effective instruction and intervention at varying grade levels in the area of literacy and numeracy
- Refined knowledge and expertise in providing classroom supports and interventions for positive classroom behavior
- Working knowledge of collaborative practices, assessments and continuum of supports within educational organizations
- Ability to establish meaningful relationships with school and classroom staff
- Flexibility to travel to a variety of locations and work in a diverse number of school organizations
Considerations of Position
Jigsaw Learning provides a unique opportunity for educators to engage in consulting work with a variety of partners across the province. This position is flexible and applicants would be considered for:
- Full or part time engagement in the role, established through discussions with our organization
- Flexible allocations as the FTE could be combined with other work at a school or district level (e.g. 0.4 FTE classroom teacher and 0.6 FTE Jigsaw Learning behaviour coach)
- One area of expertise (i.e. classroom literacy specialist only)
- Learning Associates are established as sub-contractors, with attractive compensation and professional learning opportunities available
- Learning Associates are a part of the Jigsaw Learning team with opportunities to collaborate and engage in opportunities to build expertise and experiences across educational fields
Jigsaw Learning reserves the right to consider expanding to multiple Learning Associate positions, based on the applicants, their qualifications and flexibility for sub-contracting.
Why You Should Apply
Jigsaw Learning values connection, relationships and authentic collaboration as the foundation of our work. We are lifelong learners focused on surfacing opportunities for growth through professional engagement, collaboration and reflective practice. There is celebration and acknowledgement for the hard work that takes place to ensure learners are afforded the best opportunities possible. Associates are treated with professionalism, integrity, honesty and sincerity by those with whom they work.
How You Should Apply
Send questions and/or your application package, including a resume with three professional references, to
Director of Human Resources, Jigsaw Learning
Application review and interviews will begin by May 31, 2019
The position will remain open until a suitable candidate(s) is found.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.