Blog Posts

I’ve assessed, now what? Teachers: Detectives of Assessment

In part 2 to this 4 part blog series focusing on literacy assessment I tackle the million dollar question of “I’ve Assessed, Now What”?

February 10, 2020 | Author: Cheryl Gascoyne | Read Article

Growth Mindset and Collaborative Response

I was fortunate enough several years ago to attend a six day Leveled Literacy Intervention training opportunity. The learning there was very powerful and I especially loved the components of progress monitoring and goal setting. Through this intervention,…

November 21, 2019 | Author: Kathleen Robertson | Read Article

Literacy Assessment FAQ - Question 1: Which assessment should we use?

This is part 1 to a 4 part blog series focusing on literacy assessment. Over the years I’ve noticed that wherever I go either within, or out of province, the questions are universal. This blog will focus on the first question I’m frequently asked, and that…

November 15, 2019 | Author: Cheryl Gascoyne | Read Article

Partners in Intervention: Guided Reading and the Collaborative Response Model

While watching Cheryl Gascoyne deliver a brilliant session on the merits of guided reading, I had an epiphany. Guided reading is a process that in elementary schools has been used to effectively teach children how to read. I used this process in my own…

June 17, 2019 | Author: Lorna Hewson | Read Article

So What Can We Control? Articulating our Locus of Control

Often, especially when first beginning the process of collaboratively focusing upon the diverse needs of students, participants can become discouraged if they focus on factors largely outside of their control. In our experience, we’ve heard this fear…

December 22, 2017 | Author: Kurtis Hewson | Read Article