March 16, 2020
Re: Coronavirus Update for Work with Jigsaw Learning
To our valued school and district partners,
As an organization deeply committed to the partners with whom we work, we recognize the thoughtful adjustments that all educational organizations are needing to make to their regular operations as a response to the Coronavirus outbreak, particularly in relation to the recent class cancellation announcements and interactions involving outside personnel coming into your learning spaces.
Jigsaw Learning is committed to adhering to the ongoing direction from Alberta’s Emergency Management Cabinet Committee and we are taking the following steps, effective immediately:
- All Jigsaw Learning team members returning from travel outside the country will self-isolate for two weeks upon their return as recently advised by the provincial government. A team member finding themselves in this situation will connect with individual partner organizations to inform and make the necessary alternate arrangements to adjust and reschedule their support, should this isolation impact any previously scheduled work. Currently, this only impacts our associate Lana Nogue (in self-isolation until Thursday, March 19) and Lead Learners Kurtis and Lorna Hewson (in self-isolation until Sunday, March 29).
- If any Jigsaw Learning team member becomes symptomatic, contact will be made immediately to senior staff of the organizations where the team member is working to ensure all precautions are taken.
- All Jigsaw Learning team members will be in contact with partners to confirm dates presently impacted and ensure the appropriate next steps, in relation to cancellation, postponement, or proceeding as planned, as we are aware of the constant shifting in our current reality.
- For any cancelled or postponed work with a Jigsaw Learning team member, we will look to reschedule opportunities in the near future.
- In the coming weeks, we recognize that staff may continue to be required to be present even though the students are not there. Please let us know if you are interested in engaging in unique opportunities for professional learning or support for your staff teams, which could be specially designed (on-site, on-line, small groups, etc.) to best support your needs.
Please know our thoughts are with each of you over the next number of weeks as we enter unchartered territory! We understand these are trying times so please reach out if we can support in any way.
Your Friends at Jigsaw Learning
Access a PDF version of this update.