THIS POSTING IS NOW CLOSED. THANKS TO ALL THAT APPLIED.
Posting #JL-2020-01 - View Posting Overview
About Jigsaw Learning
Jigsaw Learning is a team of educators entrusted to work alongside partners to actualize Collaborative Response structures and processes that ensure success for all learners. Our team includes exceptional educators dedicated to leading learners, supporting schools, and enriching education.
Position Summary - Learning Associate
Jigsaw Learning is seeking a self-motivated and experienced educator in the areas of on-line learning and educational technology to serve as a Learning Associate within our organization. This sub-contracted role will be required to coach and support classroom teachers, support the development of plans for robust online learning programs, lead professional learning, develop support materials and help to build expertise specifically in the area of online and blended learning with our partner schools and districts.
Summary of Essential Responsibilities:
- Design and provide in-person and virtual professional learning to classroom teachers, leaders and support staff based on their areas of focus and need
- Coach teachers in the areas of online and blended learning
- Support school and district leadership to co-design plans for online and blended learning programs
- Respond to questions and support needs of school and classroom providing a personalized model of learning
- Work as a member of the Jigsaw Learning team to support our various educational partners and develop resources to support teaching, learning and leadership
The successful candidate will possess the following skills and experience:
- Bachelors of Education with a minimum of 5 years of classroom experience. Preference will be given to those possessing a Masters of Education degree, experience in leading online learning and experience in an administrative or district-related role
- Proven practice in the classroom as a master teacher with the ability to mentor and/or coach other educators specifically in the area of online and blended learning
- Refined knowledge and expertise in implementing robust online and blended learning
- Refined knowledge and expertise in utilizing a number of educational technology applications and programs including Google Classroom and other online learning platforms
- Experience providing learning and support through virtual communications such as Zoom, Google Meet, etc.
- Working knowledge of Collaborative Response structures and processes and a willingness to engage in further learning related to Collaborative Response
- Ability to establish meaningful relationships with school and classroom staff both in person and virtually
- Flexibility to travel to a variety of locations and work in a diverse number of school organizations
- Preference will be given to those with experience working with and in Indigenous communities and with an understanding of Indigenous ways of knowing and doing
Considerations of Position
Jigsaw Learning provides a unique opportunity for educators to engage in consulting work with a variety of partners across the province. This position is flexible and applicants would be considered for:
- Full or partial sub-contracts in the role, established through discussions with our organization
- Flexible allocations as the FTE could be combined with other work at a school or district level (e.g. 0.4 FTE classroom teacher and 0.6 FTE Jigsaw Learning Associate)
- Learning Associates are established as sub-contractors, with attractive compensation and professional learning opportunities available
- Learning Associates are a part of the Jigsaw Learning team with opportunities to collaborate and engage in building expertise and experiences across educational fields
Why You Should Apply
Jigsaw Learning values connection, relationships and authentic collaboration as the foundation of our work. We are lifelong learners focused on surfacing opportunities for growth through professional engagement, collaboration and reflective practice. There is celebration and acknowledgement for the hard work that takes place to ensure learners are afforded the best opportunities possible. Associates are treated with professionalism, integrity, honesty and sincerity by those with whom they work
How You Should Apply
Send questions and/or your application package, including a resume with three professional references, to
Director of Human Resources, Jigsaw Learning
Application review and interviews will begin by October 13, 2020
The position will remain open until a suitable candidate(s) is found.
We thank all applicants for their interest.