Are you looking for supports for programming, instruction, and assessment that are not just reflective of Alberta Curriculum but culturally appropriate with an infusion of language and cultural perspectives?
Is your Educational Authority or First Nation educational system looking for support in a variety of areas, that can be reflective of cultural perspectives and indigenous ways of knowing and being?
We can help!
How We Support
- Foundational Statements - creation and revision with Chief & Council/Boards, Department Leads and School Principals
- Strategic planning and work plan development for District Office. This includes a collective process with all to establish local priorities.
- Use of data to evidence system accountability and student achievement that accurately reflects what success looks like for Indigenous Learners.
- Mentorship and Template development for School Learning Plans that demonstrate the current needs in the school community and alignment with the School Board priorities.
- Grant writing
- Creation of structures and processes for supporting individual needs of students and designing supports that reflect intentional infusion of traditional supports.
- Creation of documents to articulate processes and structures to increase common understanding.
- Teacher collaborative processes: in person and on-line to develop essential outcomes and create programming for students in our current COVID-19 reality.
- Creation of Feasibility Studies to support programming enhancement and physical space, new build requests from the Federal Government.
- Development of comprehensive literacy and numeracy programming and interventions to address gaps with student achievement.
- Principal mentorship and leadership training and support.
- Creation of responsive literacy frameworks from the district to schools and embedding the connections to language and culture.
- Language and culture supports: helping local teams coordinate and plan their language and cultural programming. Resources inventories, system wide PD planning.
- Studies to gather community and school feedback on programs and areas of development through focus groups and interviews.
- Customized co-regulation series
- Customized EA series
- Customized literacy EA series
As a new administrator, I value the leadership that Lana Nogue has provided to me. Lana has taught me about creating learning plans, facilitated the process around creating a Nutrition School Handbook and connected me with others who I can share ideas with. Lana's knowledge around school leadership is key to the progress of the work we have been tasked with. I have found that with Lana's mentorship, my own leadership skills have improved. Thank you, Lana and I look forward to continuing learning from you.
We have been working with the Jigsaw Learning team for 3 years now, and are impressed with their ongoing teacher support and instructional coaching for teacher collaboration. They are very respectful and interested in Îyîniw Mâmtohnehicikan (Cree thinking) and Nehiyaw Pimatisiwin (Cree Ways of being). They work collaboratively with our teachers to offer support, coach and share ideas, plus they review the progress made in each school. Students really look forward to the CRM Focus time, as they have great success in these blocks.Their significant success was apparent in the first year that our school implemented the Collaborative Response Model. We started with 80% of our students needing urgent intervention and 0% of our students at/above benchmark. By the end of the first year, our urgent intervention numbers dropped to 43% and our at/above benchmark numbers increased by 12%.
Coordinator of Curriculum and Instruction – Learning Services Branch - Maskwacîs Education Schools Commission