Jigsaw Learning is excited to share it will begin work with the leaders of St. Paul Education Regional Division for the upcoming school year to introduce and establish Collaborative Response. This partnership is intended to provide support for all school and divisional leaders to understand and begin implementing the foundational components of Collaborative Response, as well as introduce Collaborative Response to all staff across the division. Collaborative Response was introduced to school and divisional leaders in May 2023 and support for the upcoming school year will assist in implementation across all schools in the division.
As part of the engagement, our Jigsaw Learning team will be providing the following supports:
- A series of four school leadership days, working with school and divisional leaders to share expertise and deepen understanding of Collaborative Response across all schools.
- Overview of Collaborative Response introductory session for all staff in the division on a divisional professional learning day in September.
- Access to the Collaborative Response Membership for key school and divisional leaders.
- Submission of collaborative team meeting recordings from each school, to receive formal feedback from the Jigsaw Learning team.
We are very excited to work with the leaders and all staff in St. Paul Education to begin the implementation of Collaborative Response. I had the opportunity to meet with divisional and school leaders through an overview Collaborative Response session in the Spring of 2023 and really look forward to beginning our ongoing relationship with the exceptional leaders and teams across the school division!
- Kurtis Hewson, Lead Learner and Co-Founder of Jigsaw Learning
Working closely with the team at Jigsaw Learning to introduce CR to our staff is central to our Education Plan. CR promises to build collective efficacy and leverage our collective professional skills. This work will be transformative with our students being its benefactors.
- Peter Barron, Superintendent
To learn more about how Jigsaw Learning could help your organization introduce, implement and deepen Collaborative Response efforts to have a substantial impact on student success and staff collective efficacy, access the Collaborative Response Across a System - Implementation Overview document. If you have any questions, please contact us at .
St. Paul Education covers a large rural/urban area in Northeast Alberta and serves the communities of St. Paul, Elk Point, Two Hills, Mallaig, Ashmont, Myrnam and Heinsburg, as well as students from Saddle Lake Cree Nation, Whitefish Lake First Nation #128, Frog Lake First Nation and Kehewin Cree Nation. St. Paul Education is the only school division in Alberta to operate both separate and public schools under one board. The division serves 3,833 students (K-12), including Catholic, First Nation, Mennonite, Hutterite and Home Schooling learners.