Amber Hester is a highly skilled leader and strategic planner at the systems level with a number of years of experience at the school and district level. With Jigsaw Learning, Amber has been engaged in extensive work with district leaders in developing vision, mission, and values consensus as well as planning across all departments to align and deploy services and supports across the system. She is currently partnering with a number of First Nation school authorities and cultural teams to strategically map roles, responsibilities, supports and services to better meet the needs of schools and communities. Her exceptional strategic planning skills are highly valued and sought after by district and school leaders!
- Leadership Experience: Assistant Superintendent, Coordinator, and School-Based Leadership in school districts in both Alberta and Saskatchewan
- CASS Member and past Board of Director for CASS, past member of LEADS in Saskatchewan
- First Nations, Metis and Inuit Leadership support with districts and past member of the First Nations, Metis and Inuit provincial Education Action Committee
- Strategic Planning supports for systems, schools and individual leaders.
- Leadership Development and Team Development for Systems and Schools
- Over 20 years of classroom and leadership experience at all grade levels and in a variety of urban and rural contexts.
Testimonials for Amber
Amber led our staff through a review of our mission and vision as well as team building exercises. Her presentation was delivered in a manner in which all participants felt safe even when discussing vulnerable topics. Amber's feedback helped us move forward in building a stronger sense of team in our building with a renewed focus on why we are educators.
Amber guided our staff through exercises to build a shared mission, vision, and values. Her workshop was responsive to our specific needs as a staff and she adjusted her workshop to allow more/less time to ensure everyone left with a consistent and thorough understanding of our individual and collective responsibility to supporting a strong and effective team culture that is honest and accountable. We are looking forward to applying our new skills to support even more effective collaboration and communication within our team.