Colin brings with him over 20 years of educational technology, multimedia development, and pedagogical experience. Over the last 4-5 years, Colin has worked with both Alberta Health Services and Olds College to establish e-learning courses and other online instructional resources. Colin also has teaching experience in several schools in Aspen View, Rocky View and Pembina Hills, in the areas of Media, Drama, and English, as well as serving as a Lead Teacher and Program Coordinator in two different high schools during that time. Colin also has a post-graduate certificate in Instructional Design and brings a diverse range of skills and experiences related to instructional technology integration, online course design and e-learning.
- Presented at a number of teacher conferences demonstrating the use of technology in the classroom
- Extensive experience using multimedia hardware and software for creating educational materials
- Knowledgeable about blended, flipped and virtual learning (both VILT and eLearning)
- Experienced instructional designer, having built curricula and eLearning courses from the ground up
- Expert at building asynchronous courses