Lorna Hewson is a passionate educator who is engaged full time with Jigsaw Learning as a Lead Learner and co-author of Envisioning a Collaborative Response Model. Lorna’s diverse roles in schools and districts has provided a wealth of experience in essentially every area of development in supporting the needs of schools, staff and students. With Jigsaw Learning, Lorna engages in a variety of support structures with systems, including coaching, mentoring, leading and facilitating schools and districts in the areas of Collaborative Response Model, designing and coordinating teams throughout systems, building literacy and early years frameworks, and designing inclusive learning frameworks.
- Co-Author of Envisioning a Collaborative Response Model
- District leadership roles in curriculum, learning and inclusive services as well as experience in curriculum implementation and design with provincial prototyping and working groups
- Past Chair of the Alberta Assessment Consortium
- Recipient of the Alberta Excellence in Teaching Award
- Engaging presenter, facilitator, coach and mentor for educators throughout the province and internationally
Testimonials for Lorna
Kurtis and Lorna’s leadership in the use of the Collaborative Response Model as well as their extensive knowledge and application of research in education is extremely beneficial in moving student learning along. They provided facilitation and coaching with various levels of leadership within the school division. When working with our group of Learning Coaches, Kurtis and Lorna provided research behind response to intervention as well as practical application for the use of the Collaborative Response Model. Their approach to learning and leading is collaborative and responsive to the needs of the groups with which they work. They also worked closely with school leadership teams to provide coaching as well as formative feedback for each specific team. The school teams were impressed by their ability to individualize each school’s situation, needs and challenges. Kurtis and Lorna also facilitated the research process for our division’s work to support teachers with a coaching model. They assisted us wi... Read more